[ROVERNET - UK] Nickel plating

Gianni D'Ortenzio giannid at bigpond.com
Thu Aug 12 07:29:11 BST 2004

I am in the process of rebuilding my P3 engine. the side plates are is
surprisingly good condition. How were they kept that way? It looks like they
were just painted, but with what? there was a little rust, but once that
wire brushed away, most of the plate is still painted and it looks like
steel without any coating.. Has anyone recoated them and what did you use??
Cheers Gianni
1949 Rover 75, P3 six light
1971 P6B 3500
1974 P6B 3500S