[ROVERNET - UK] Raising the Rover

Ron Morey morey814 at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 13 03:09:16 BST 2004

Tom, there are lots of sites on the web that give the formula for spring
rates. Search  "coil spring rate" or "coil spring formula" and you will have
a selection. You will have to remove one to get an accurate value. There is
also a possibility of using spring over shock setups. Monroe has all their
shock data available on the web as well. I used it and the formula when
searching for SD1 replacements. There is no cross reference so it had to be
the hard way. I believe the SD1 rear springs (standard) and the P6 coils are
very close. You will know better upon removal and calculation. I can give
you the SD1 values if you want. You may find-and this is stretching it- that
the front springs of a Ranger pickup 1990 or so are a good match. I didnt
actually find one I just compared data. But you being in junk yard and hot
rod heaven may have a lot of good sources. Have you thought about leaf
springs and shackles?? Sorry, couldn't resist.
Ron.