[ROVERNET - UK] rostyle wheels

smanwell smanwell at sprintmail.com
Tue Aug 17 12:10:39 BST 2004

Strictly speaking, the available reproduction wheels actually are the
Magnum 500 style.  I think these would work on a P6 as substitute for
Rostyles if they had the GM bolt pattern though.  Can anyone confirm
that the GM bolt circle = the Rover pattern?  The centers of Rostyle
wheels have a more convex shape making the rims look deeper.

Keep in mind that the Magnum 500's and matching hubs used on Rover 2000s
had a different bolt pattern (both circle and bolt size) from other
P6s.  Both Magnum 500 and Magstar wheels were made in the US by
Kelsey-Hayes for Rover and other cars.

Original Rostyles should be easier to restore than Magnum 500s because
Rostyles have the center riveted to the rim where the Magnums are welded.

--Steve