[ROVERNET - UK] Rover P6 / asbestos

Paul Smith vmi2148 at bigpond.net.au
Thu Aug 19 10:46:41 BST 2004

1.  From the proceedings of the conference on asbestos in 1965, the milling
is the most hazardous area.  Casual exposure rarely results in anything.
Whenever population assays were conducted the results were broken in to
smokers and non smokers; smoking is Far bigger a problem for mesotheliomas,
pleural lesions and lung cancers.  It also has the benefits of emphysema,
macular degeneration, gangrene, artherosclerosis, a hacking cough, a
disgusting stench.
Ban tobacco.  I'll take my chances with asbestos in Rovers.

2.  Look for it in original muflers and brake pads.

3.  The formaldehydes from plastics in modern cars are a health risk.

PVS