[ROVERNET - UK] Re: Public Domain Rover Information

Jonathan Hewison Jonathan.Hewison at vuw.ac.nz
Thu Aug 26 21:10:14 BST 2004

What does NOS stand for? Please!

Jonathan Hewison
Engineering Technician
Faculty of Architecture & Design
Victoria University of Wellington
Te Whare Wananga o Te Upoko o Te Ika
New Zealand.
www.vuw.ac.nz
-----Original Message-----
From: James Dean [mailto:jaguru at bellsouth.net]
Sent: Friday, 27 August 2004 2:17 a.m.
To: rovernet at lyris.ccdata.com
Subject: Re: [ROVERNET - UK] Re: Public Domain Rover Information

Steven Beer-In response to your comment on my offer to sell a
book(offline for $20). I have owned a restoration shop in Ft. Lauderdale
for 29 years, own Rovers, and am the only person locally who would
service them. I owned a shop in Cambruidge MASS., and actually serviced
them while they were still on the road in any numbers(usually run by MIT
Professors or Last year Harvard Business school Students) I have
acquired a huge inventory of used and rare NOS parts forRover2000,
3500S. I also have Factory parts books and shop manuals I sell parts
copies of, and other useful literature, including this book. This book
will save you a thousand dollars in mistakes, as it has all been done
before, and the rear axle is a complex question with several solutions.
I use Jaguar, MG, and Triumph sites to sell my parts,and help
enthusiasts all over the world. I have a tollfree number in the US, call
me anytime, as I give free advice.I have a  6000' warehouse crammed with
Classic British parts , Including things like Vanden Plas Princess.    I
would like to help Rover owners by selling some of these rare
parts-Someone asked weeks ago about finding new rear stabilizer link
bushings for the bent 3500s arms-I have new arms. Every other club site
has a Classified section; Rovernet apparently does not. If it did, you
would see my paid ad, offering this book for $20, along with a hundreds
of other parts Rover owners need.
It does not, so I must offer the part in the online discussion , and
hope people who need it respond Usually they do not, readers don't
realize  what I have, and everyone loses. Until Rovernet sees fit to
offer a classified section, I will just offer to help, and if someone
misunderstsnds my intentions, I am sorry; Complain to the website; get a
classified section, and you might have a list of my rare parts, and
those of others. James Dean, Old English Motor Company, Ft. Lauderdale.
Phone 954 524 8277, tollfree 1
877 524 8787, jaguru at bellsouth.net