[ROVERNET - UK] P6B- windscreen

Eric Russell p6rovers at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 1 16:49:34 GMT 2004

Peter,
Last year, I had an insurance claim on my P6
windscreen due to rock damage from a truck.  Although
it cost the insurance company buckets of money, there
is at least one company in the UK who makes them.
They now go by metric sizes and the technician showed
how the new one was slightly thinner than the OEM.

Yes, they can be remade (at least in the UK).
Perhaps it would be better to find out which company
makes auto glass in Australia.  Maybe there are
dimensions available to the windscreen glass trade.

Eric

--- Peter Mitchell <peterm at arach.net.au> wrote:

> Hi Rovernetters
>
> Driving into the sun this afternoon, I could not
> help but reflect on just
> how pitted my windscreen has become. Now I do have a
> spare, and will check
> its condition.  But can members please advise:
>
> Are new replacements available?
>
> Can windscreens be professionally polished to remove
> minor pits etc?
>
> Kind regards
>
> Peter Mitchell
> Perth Western Australia