[ROVERNET - UK] "Clink-Tink"

Vern Klukas vern at inkspotco.com
Sat Dec 18 06:51:27 GMT 2004

First thing to look at would be the sway bar fasteners. They can make
quite a racket if loose. After that, make sure the all the long
attachment bolts attaching the upper suspension arms to the firewall
are secure. It is not unknown for the outer ones to rot away inside
the long tubes enough to stretch, but for that to happen the car also
invariably has a latticework of rust in the lower regions. If it's
coming from the steering damper side, make sure the damper is secure
and flanges not cracked.

Is it a single tink, a series, long noise or short??

Coast to a stop with engine off and see if it makes the noise when
you brake assertively. And of course, by all means inspect the lower
attachment brackets for signs of distortion, cracking or bright spots
of wear.

Yours
Vern