[ROVERNET - UK] P6 2200 - inertia reel seatbelts

jaguru jaguru at bellsouth.net
Thu Jul 22 10:44:00 BST 2004

Don't you feel inertia reel seatbelts are a bit modern for a 1925 Rover?Why
not useP6 2000 belts? These originally had a neat hook on the B-piller to
hang  the front seat and shoulder  belt, which kept it out of the way, and
out of the door. The shorter receiver remained on the center of the seat.I
was once rearended  in a 2000 while stopped at a light by a drunk doing 50
MPH. I was wearing a 3point belt, and had an ET headrest The bumper was
pushed forward a foot, the seat broke loose from the floor, but I had no
whiplash, or pain at all.I have been told Ralph Nader once said of the
2000"All cars should be built like this.", but cannot substantiate the
----- Original Message -----
From: "Gundry, Kenneth" <KG at dolby.com>
To: <rovernet at lyris.ccdata.com>
Sent: Thursday, July 22, 2004 2:01 PM
Subject: RE: [ROVERNET - UK] P6 2200 - inertia reel seatbelts

Slats and John,

Thank you.  I'm not sure that the stuff you have in mind would work, bearing
in mind that the floor board is about 5/8 of an inch thick and the seat
bottom perhaps 3/8.  I might try large heat-shrink tubing (if it is
available about 1 1/2 inches in diameter); it would be nice to enclose the
belt material where it anchors to the brackets because that is open to the
elements and to flying oil!

Ken G, 1925 Rover 16/50 (San Francisco)

-----Original Message-----
From: rovernet-bounces at lyris.ccdata.com
[mailto:rovernet-bounces at lyris.ccdata.com]On Behalf Of John Atkin
Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2004 5:36 AM
To: rovernet at lyris.ccdata.com
Subject: Re: [ROVERNET - UK] P6 2200 - inertia reel seatbelts

We used to use that, it's called grommet strip and is available for many
different thicknesses of metal
best wishes
John Atkin(IOW UK)
----- Original Message -----
From: "Slatskars" <slatskars at comcast.net>
To: <rovernet at lyris.ccdata.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2004 6:04 AM
Subject: Re: [ROVERNET - UK] P6 2200 - inertia reel seatbelts

> In the electronics industry, they use a plastic material that is flexible
> and can be cut to length to install on holes of that sort in sheet metal.
> Some of it is a solid and smooth surface all around. Another type has
> ball type grippers molded into the two surfaces that grip the sheet metal.
> Maybe Radio Shack or a surplus electronics outlet? Believe it was simply
> called grommet material. Knowledge from another former occupation. We used
> this stuff on the old computer mainframes.
> Slats
> Vancouver, WA, USA

This message (including any attachments) may contain confidential
information intended for a specific individual and purpose. If you are not
the intended recipient, delete this message. If you are not the intended
recipient, disclosing, copying, distributing, or taking any action based on
this message is strictly prohibited.

rovernet mailing list
rovernet at lyris.ccdata.com
To unsubscribe, go to this web page, look near the bottom and follow

More information about the rovernet mailing list