[ROVERNET - UK] p6 3500s us spec

James Dean jaguru at bellsouth.net
Tue Jun 8 14:59:10 BST 2004

I own several Jaguars & Rovers,and have decided I should sell one and finish the others. I have a 1970 Federal 3500s. It was a Palm Beach or Boca Raton Florida car, so does not have rust.I bought it from another Rover fanatic who installed an SD1 5Speed and a rebuilt Range Rover engine, using 3500s accessories.The interior is a champagn color, which is unusual, as most are black. He changed the doors to a set from a 2000 so they have manual windows>Door panels match, same color as seats. Doors are green, car is red, so obviously you have to paint it Bonnet was also changed to 2000. This makes the car, I would guess 300 pounds lighter.It has a Holley 4 barrel carb. I do not know why, but it is a real rocket, unusually fast.He rebuilt brakes, they are good. I drove it a while, then one day had a clutch problem and parked it, and drove my 2000TC. The exhaust is close to the clutch slave with no hest shield. It goes into a stock exhaust. Put dual exhaust on it, and it would solve that problem. I have parted out several 3500s, and still have one rough parts car. I could give you a 3500S bonnet and doors or motors. The heater AC evaporator box has been removed, but my parts car has one.Price is $6000 firm,you do the minor repairs, a little more if I do them. Where are you? I am in Ft Lauderdale, and am very good at worldwide shipping. I own a restoration shop, and have worked on Rovers over 35 years.Another shop in Florida did a 5speed conversion, they charged $5000. We restored a 3500s with rust, and had a metalwork bill of $6000. so this car is a very good buy. It has Florida title in my name.James Dean