[ROVERNET - UK] P6 Final Drive Ser# ???

Vern Klukas vern at inkspotco.com
Mon Jun 14 01:31:30 BST 2004

>Folks,
>Does anybody have a production time frame for a final
>drive with a serial number of 40234267D?
>
>TIA
>
>Eric

Funny you should mention this Eric, as I'm just in the process of
checking all my drives to pick the best for a re-bearing and rebuild.
All 4 of my spare drives are D suffix, all either 401 or 402 prefix
(except one where the initial numbers are obscured)  The earliest
drive came from a 67 SC, the latest from a 69. The 69's serial is in
the 40228xxx range.

So based on that exhaustive review, my guess would be a circa 1969 drive.

Yours
Vern
--
Vern Klukas                             I'm a little . . .
Inkspot Type & Design
vern at inkspotco.com