[ROVERNET - UK] bearing noise in noisy gearboxes

Robert Thornton R.Thornton at adelaidecitycouncil.com
Mon Jun 28 01:37:05 BST 2004

The Celica box, although lighter, is not as strong as the W55-59 steel
case Supra boxes which can reputedly handle up to 300 bhp with ease. A
lot of the Celica boxes were put into V8 Holdens but they invariably
didn't last too long, whereas the Supra box proved much more durable.

Contact Dellow Automotive in Sydney - they can provide a good used low
mileage box ex-Japan and a complete conversion kit to install it into a
Rover. This costs around AUD1500, possibly a bit less, and will be a
much safer bet than a LT 77 SD1 box.

Rob