[ROVERNET - UK] Re: Grilled BM

Stephen Beer stephen at beerinc.com
Fri Nov 19 14:29:23 GMT 2004

I do think there are aesthetic definitions most can agree with defining
beauty.
Proportion and purity of line contribute to that "timeless" good design.

Things go in and out of fashion but good design does not.
Bangles BMW bungling may be fashionable now because of good marketing
(or God knows what) but I believe the fussy "flame surfaces" will be
regarded in 20 years time the way I look at the clothes I wore in 1984
(sheesh!). I'm a bit too old to wear the trendy stuff now -- and I
would not drive a Bangle Bimmer -- but that Rover coupe I'd be proud to
drive, grill included.

Stephen Beer
Where did I put those Jazz shoes?