[ROVERNET - UK] Starting Problem

roger matheson rogerdm at iprimus.com.au
Sat Oct 2 16:51:43 BST 2004

I had a similar problem which i traced to a worn ignition switch.  However
removing and replacing the switch takes a long time, though I did repair the
switch.  The plug to the switch can be got at from behind the plate with the
light switches and you should be able to eliminate problems with the gear
lever.  Wiring in a remote starter switch is easy.  The other possible
problem is the relay which in a RHD car is on the inner wing drivers side
just forward of the bonnet hinge.  Check that power is coming from the
switch on start and that the relay can earth.

Cheers Roger