[ROVERNET - UK] Does "Blue Label"

Geoff Kirkpatrick britcarnut at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 13 23:54:58 BST 2004

I second the request - what does this mean?  Is it a reference to the
color scheme?  A few weeks ago Chris Carrieri posted to the Rovernet
asking for advice on selling his father's 2000TC, which had been garaged
in El Cerrito, California for close to thirty years.  I ended up buying it
from him, in part because of the color scheme which is white with blue
C-pillars, a blue pinstripe down the side, and blue plates underneath the
exterior badges.  When I was growing up, a classmate's father had a 2000TC
identical to this one, and that car was the spark which ignited my
interest in Rovers.  I vaguely recall some discussion of this trim scheme
a long time back.  What's the story behind this trim package?

> Message: 3
> Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 13:25:49 +0100
> From: "Mark Lavender" <mfnz73 at dsl.pipex.com>
> Subject: RE: [ROVERNET - UK] Rover rescued
> To: <rovernet at lyris.ccdata.com>
>
> Forgive my ignorance, but what is the significance of the 'Blue Label'
> please ?
>
> Mark

=== message truncated ===

=====
"This is the final test of a gentleman: his respect for those who can be of no possible service to him."
- William Lyon Phelps

Geoff Kirkpatrick, 382 Riverside Avenue, Ben Lomond, CA 95005, USA