[ROVERNET - UK] 1971 Rover p5b coupe

Kent Kinard kkinard at swbell.net
Sun Oct 17 21:58:24 BST 2004

Hi Ian and James,
Thank you, Tom, for the kindness.  The real P5B expert in the US now is
Miles Winchester, former president of the Canterbury Rover Club, NZ.
Because he is working away from civilization, he is unable to check his
email regularly.  Miles and his dad, Ron, have several P5B's and many
P5's.  For those with P5's I will share my experience with the P5 club
(UK).  Some of the UK folks are really nice and I did get a spot in the
club magazine, but the US rep never responds to my emails.  Their chat
group is open to the public.  As few as there are (I know of two in
central Canada and five in the states, including Ian's. Kip says there
are more but will not share his customer list.)I don't see the point of
a US register as long as we keep in touch via RoverNet.  Chris contacted
me about a boot lid, which I will be happy to supply if we can work out
shipping. What James doesn't say about his saloon is that it has a VERY
RARE factory authorized A/C unit, perhaps the only one left.  I still
have the pictures you sent me years ago, James.  I don't know of a
single LHD P5B, coupe or saloon, in the US, but there are several Mk.
III Coupes and at least one Mk. II Coupe.

This will be my last communication for a while.  Sheila and I leave for
Christchurch in the morning...transit time-26 hours with a six hour
layover at LAX.  Too bad Alvin is no longer on the net.  We could have a
good visit during our layover.  Isn't Duane Kinnard in the LA area, too?
  If either of you guys are alive, let me know in the next fourteen hours.

Anyone interested in a slightly used Defender 110 pickup?

I'm tired. I need a vacation. Oh, that's right, I'm taking one!

Roverecuperatively,
Kent K.