[ROVERNET - UK] 2000Tc rebuild

Bill Robertson rover2000nut at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 31 01:46:48 BST 2004

I,m just starting to build up my other 1967 2000TC's motor right now ,
before building up a 2200 overbored engine for my 69  TC........Everything
in the fleet will be mobile and roadworthy by next spring i
hope...........My question is as i searched through a huge lot of parts i
scored off a disheartened Rover owner, there was a set of new 9:1
pistons...........I have many old 10:1 and one set of old 9:1 that have come
from many parts cars ...............My 69 has 10:1 right now and in all the
years i've had Rovers they have  all been 10:1 engines..............Is there
much less of a performance difference  with the 9:1 or should i go ahead
and use them and not have to worry about Octane boosters
anymore............I just don,t want to end up with a TC that runs like an
SC

Bill Robertson

Take charge with a pop-up guard built on patented Microsoft® SmartScreen
Technology
first two months FREE*.