[ROVERNET - UK] Battery in Boot?

Richard Elliott relliott44 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 11 08:25:16 BST 2004

Hi Eric,

One thing about electronics and electrical- there's
probably a formula and a code.

For the battery relocation issue, there will
definitely be a voltage drop for a given wire
diameter, and there is also the allowable drop
percentage to consider, which is addressed in U.S. in
the NEC as 2%.  Any figure for voltage drop has to be
considerate of current 'I' (constant current), length
'L' and voltage 'V'.  Putting everything together, a
figure for 'Circular mils' CM (wire diameter) is

CM = (25 x I x L) / V

Richard Elliott
1970 NADA P6B Tobacco Leaf