[ROVERNET - UK] Seat Adjusters

Eric Russell p6rovers at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 23 17:24:33 BST 2004

Tom,
I had an experience where the tracks were not exactly
parallel which caused the seat to be grabbed and
restricted while moving.  Loosen the screws which
secure each track to the floor. Start with the track
closest to the tunnel and make sure it is as far away
from the tunnel as you can manage. The downside is
that the seat could be prematurely directed into the
side of the tunnel.  Then, adjust the outside track
while taking measurements to insure a parallel setting
before tightening the bolts.  Use Lithium white grease
on the tracks to help with the slide. I also insured
that both my cars have the bar control rather than the
cable activated version.
 As always,......... best wishes

Eric

--- Tom Trafton <v8rover at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Does anyone out there in Roverland have any tips for
> making the front seat
> adjustment tracks run smoother?  Since I have the
> seats out of my P6 for
> upholstery, I thought that I would tackle the
> problem of getting the tracks
> to move more freely.  Simply smearing grease on the
> tracks doesn't seem to
> help very much.  I have switched tracks, replacing
> the old style with the
> single plastic release lever with the later type
> with a single release bar
> running across the front of the seat.  As usual, all
> hints and help would be
> greatly appreciated.
>
> Tom

=====