[ROVERNET - UK] Vinyl???Dashboard Cover?

Tom Trafton v8rover at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 25 05:14:24 BST 2004

This is a timely subject for me in that I was about to put out a message
asking about recovering a dash.  I got some very soft and stretchable vinyl
that was a very close match to the original.  After a good cleaning of the
old vinyl, I carefully glued on a new surface.  I was pleased with the
results except for the very tips where they neck down and go around the
windscreen pillars.  There I didn't take enough care and the result isn't
the same as factory.  This cover lasted about 2 years but now is starting to
come unglued in a spot or two under the dash.

I was wondering if anyone else had tried this approach and now see that Eric
has, also with mixed results.  Now I am wondering what other Roverites may
have done to repair damaged dashes?

Tom