[ROVERNET - UK] 827 Vitesse

john and shirley john_shirley.adam at xtra.co.nz
Mon Apr 11 08:49:10 BST 2005

Hello Peter
Greetings from across the ditch.
I have a 1989 Vitesse 5 dr fastback with 5 speed manual box.  Probably not
in same league as our P5B coupe or P4-100 but nevertheless a future classic.
Great performance and reasonably easy to get parts. Fortunately the
mechanicals are all Honda, and their service is really good, invariably if
the part is not available in NZ it will be only a week or so to come from
Japan.
I firmly believe the writing was on the wall for Rover when they sold out to
BMW rather than strengthening the ties with Honda. It would be great if
Honda got involved now. You cannot compare the reliability of the Honda 827
motor with the fault ridden KV6 Rover motor.
Best of luck with your 827 quest.
Kind regards
John & Shirley Adam
2 Kowhai St