[ROVERNET - UK] OT Time test - PING now PONG

Eric Russell p6rovers at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 2 16:29:21 BST 2005

Following earlier server meltdowns and the current
revision to the Rovernet list, the system admin chap
in the UK told me that the server handles a few (maybe
6) different email lists at one time.  He said that
there would be a short delay as other messages might
be processing at the same time.  The server "has more
than one fish to fry."

Eric

--- "Andrew H. Litkowiak" <andylit at runbox.com> wrote:

> You guys are making me nervous. According to your
> calculations, Mach 3 is about
> 15mph.
>
> My email server is in Norway, I'm in Chicago. In the
> time it takes me to
> retrieve my messages, this email (and my bcc) will
> be sitting in the inbox on my PC.
>
> Andy Litkowiak
>

> Slatskars wrote:
> > Eric,
> >
> > My test was 40 secs. You need hi speed internet
> service!
> > Washington state to U.K. & back in 40 sec., WOW!
> >
> > Slats
> > ----- Original Message ----- From: "Eric Russell"
> <p6rovers at yahoo.com>

Webmaster & Magazine Editor: