[ROVERNET - UK] P6 Oil Filter

John Burkhard burkhaj at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 7 09:30:18 BST 2005

I have found that if to talk to the right person at a chain parts store you
can get the correct oil filter.  Step one is to ask to talk the manager.
Then ask for the cross reference to a known good filter number.  This would
be a Fram PH2821C, AC Delco939 or the WIX triplets.  Most stores will not
stock these numbers but they can order them.  What they can order may not be
the same brand filter they normally stock or any of the ones we have numbers
for.  Next and last, Bring money as you may have to buy a pack of 12 units.
The giveaway is when they tell you that a filter is $122.47.  That price is
for the 12 pack.  With all these filter choices I may start looking around
for one with just right color to mach the car.  Tune next year and hear Eric
say to Ron " what was that P6 filter thing all about?"