[ROVERNET - UK] Free Parts

John Burkhard burkhaj at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 15 00:03:31 BST 2005

Hi Paul
I have the Haynes manual printed in 1976 or later. The illustration
Fig.9.48 states"...- 7 INCH   LATER TYPE".  By the way who manufactured this
unit?  My next question is are there two types of 7" servos, a early and
late?  The root symptom of my investigation is that my 1966 P6 is drinking
brake fluid.  It's only a small amount but a bit more than would be normal
to account for pad ware.  I can not find any external leaks in the system.
My assuming is that the Servo(slave) cylinder is leaking into the vacuum
chamber. I did check the vacuum hose and non-return valve and did not notice
any trace of brake fluid.  At this point the car stops OK.  So my plan is to
find all the information that I can and get the correct parts for my car.
Thank you for you response and any light you may shine on my questions will
be appreciated.  Take Care  jb