[ROVERNET - UK] Roland's P5 (was Rescue Needed)

Kent Kinard kkinard at swbell.net
Tue Aug 23 14:55:38 BST 2005

Hi Roland (and Peter King and Chris Devlin, if you're tuned in),
The side trims I have for you are stainless, but the screen trims that I
attemped to remove from my Mk.I parts car turned out to be plated steel
and the finish was very dull before I attempted to remove it.  When I
tried to remove it the plating cracked and flaked.  In visiting with
Peter King this spring, he mentioned that he has extra screen trim
(probably from a Mk.II) that is exactly what you need.  Chris Devlin
just bought a parts car for his V8 project that would also have the
screen trim you need, and perhaps some other parts.  Chris intends to
use the body below the cowl as a basis for rebuilding his very rusty P5B
Coupe and the screen trim will be surplus to his needs.  You guys talk
to each other about all this.  I also have a good dash pad for you if I
can get it out before it cracks.

Rovereconnectingly,
Kent K.