[ROVERNET - UK] Adventures in Rover land Part 2

S Manwell smanwell at sprintmail.com
Sun Aug 28 16:10:42 BST 2005

Dirk,

Amazing -- a pricey Rover to some, spare change to others apparently.
On the other hand, one could argue that it would not be possible to
reproduce at any price a truely original leather, wood and wool Rover P4
interior -- certainly not the 47 year old patina.

Sorry to hear that the 90 didn't live up to the auction description,
especially the bodywork.

I'm not sure that I am ready to call our Rovers a good investment just
yet, based on this story.  But, I am happy to have a good sound P4 even
if its more of a presentable driver than a show car.  In defense of our
wives, I must admit that Jo was the one who decided we should buy our P4
100 when we went to see it, and she wrote the check.  She is less likely
to see the diamond in the rough of a rusty project car...   Sure enough,
we have been driving the 100 regularly for four years and the P5 and P6
are still project cars in (slow) progress.

--Steve