[ROVERNET - UK] Des Hammill's book

Kent Kinard kkinard at swbell.net
Fri Dec 23 21:18:32 GMT 2005

Hi Rovernetters,
Since Christmas Eve and Christmas Day are work days for some of us (We
plan on closing late and opening early, unlike other similar
establishments), I will take this moment of relative calm to wish all of
you a very Merry Christmas.

It's a little late to shop, but if you get the chance, give your fellow
Roverites a copy of Les Hammill's book "How to Power Tune Rover V8
Engines."  I snuck my copy out from the stocking when no one was looking
and read it from cover to cover in one sitting.  I have been humbled and
enlightened by this very thorough and up-to-date treatment of my beloved
engines.  I learned much and will be doing some very specific
inspections of my stock of V8 blocks as a result. DO NOT BUY A USED
ROVER V8 BEFORE YOU READ THIS BOOK. It is well worth the exhorbitant
price.  I have only found a few things to question. ( 1.I believe John
Harcourt is still making his single plane intakes. At least he was a
year ago when I bought one. 2. I believe Oldsmobile 215 blocks had
prepositioned cast-in sleeves like the Buicks, though Hammill says they
were pressed in like Rovers. I've got a couple of Olds blocks and intend
to check this out.)

Rovereadingly,
Kent K.