[ROVERNET - UK] Rare Rover 2000 SC for sale in California

Eric Russell p6rovers at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 3 03:34:34 GMT 2005

Rovernetters,
Tonight, I took a telephone call from a John Burman
who lives in Alamo, California, near Walnut Grove.  He
is an 81 yr young retiree from the British Car
Industry.  We worked in the Western U.S.A. division of
British Leyland and retired from them when they
retreated from North America.  Before, he left, the
company was disposing of Rover parts (like Napolean's
retreat from Moscow? ed.).  He bought new parts
including new seats and installed them on his 1963
Rover 2000 SC manual vehicle.  The car has sat in his
garage for 10-12 years. He noticed that the rear
brakes were leaking but he has new parts to repair
that problem.

The engine was rebuilt and has less than 1000 miles on
the rebuild.  He noted that the original tire jack and
tire pump comes with the car.  The car is white with a
red interior.

He has all the original documents and the workshop and
owners manual.  There is a modest amount of new spares
which will come with the car.

After his wife's passing, he lives with his two
daughters and grand daughter.  She is the person with
the following email address and so she can easily
connect with her grand dad.

John would like to sell his car to an appreciative
owner as he doesn't expect to be driving the car
again.

Contact Bronwyn at:

bronniewin at yahoo.com

If you have trouble connecting, get back to Eric at
<p6rovers at yahoo.com>

Eric

=====
Webmaster & Magazine Editor: