[ROVERNET - UK] P6- roof insulation query

Peter Mitchell peterm at arach.net.au
Mon Jan 3 13:08:18 GMT 2005

Hi Rovernetters

I'm about to put a new roof on my P6B. The one on the vehicle has a sunroof,
and being of Anglo-Celtic stock in a warm climate, I don't need the sun.
Also being about to spend money on the interior, I don't want to risk the
ingress of H20.

The new roof is all painted and ready to go on.  I want to boost the amount
of insulation in the roof- for reasons of sound and temperature modulation.

Have members had the experience of adding insulation? If so, has anyone had
problems getting the headlining in when allowing for the extra thickness of
insulation material?  The manufacturer did provide a thin little wafer of
insulation but I'd like to do my bit to prevent global warming [while
wafting around in a V8!!] I have purhcased a sheet of underbonnet insulation
which is just about the right size and which has a sticky back.

Kind regards

Peter Mitchell
Perth Western Australia
P6B