[ROVERNET - UK] P6- roof insulation

Peter Mitchell peterm at arach.net.au
Wed Jan 5 12:54:39 GMT 2005

Yes Damien this is certainly an option under active consideration also. I
would want little glass fibres to work their way through the headlining
though.

Either way, the car will be cooler, and quiter, than with a sunroof with no
headlining at all, which is the caee at present.

The P6. P6B was ahead of its time when on the market- 4-wheel disks, de dion
suspension etc, and I am sure Rover would have used the kinds of insulation
we are speaking of, had they been available at the time. Rather than driving
a retro-look modern car [ say a Chevy Cruiser], I prefer to have and use a
market leading older car that has been modernised with safety and creature
comforts.  This could get us into a disagreement between purists and
non-purists, so I won't press the matter further.....

And the weather over here in Perth right now isn't too bad either!

Kind regards to you all

Peter Mitchell