[ROVERNET - UK] Suspect listing on e-bay

Eric Russell p6rovers at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 9 05:59:47 BST 2005

" The Light Six of 1930 cost even less and used the
same engine in a shorter chassis. One of these cars,
with fabric covered bodywork, entered the history
books by beating the famous Blue Train in a race
across France. A longer chassis car with a 2.5 litre
six cylinder engine of 1930 was christened the
Meteor."

The car doesn't look fabric covered to me - but what
would I know, I'm only a P6 owner.  ;-)

Eric

--- Alan Gale <agale at ihug.com.au> wrote:

> There is what looks to be a nice 1934 Speed 14 on
> e-bay at the moment.
> Number 4559720050 ending on the 12th.
> Seller claims this is a "Blue Train" car.  My
> recollection is that the
> blue train rover was a 1929 ish model (the race took
> place in 1930) and
> was a 2 litre car, not the 1.6 litre model
> advertised here - or did the
> marketing chaps in rover subsequently append the
> "blue train" tag to
> this model?  Motoring PR was as shameless then as it
> is now.
> Owner claims there are only five others of this
> "rear" (sic) model in
> the world.  As few as that?
> Current bidding has slowed at the $A15,850 mark, and
> the reserve is not
> yet met - so it seems the seller is keen to reach
> "world parity" pricing..
>
> Alan Gale
> Melbourne Australia

Webmaster & Magazine Editor: