[ROVERNET - UK] HELP HELP HELP!

Tom Trafton v8rover at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 12 22:56:59 GMT 2005

Ray

Seems as if you are getting all sorts of advice on this one so let me add my
2 cents worth.  I had similar problems and traced it to the ignition wires.
The conductor, not being solid core, can break down internally along the
length of the wire, causing an internal gap to open up.  Rought handling,
sharp bending of the wire, etc, can hasten their demise.  Since you have
been able to get the car restarted after fiddling with the ignition wires,
they could be the culprit.  High energy ignition systems require a good set
of wires. You can either test the wires for resistance and continuity or
simply buy a new set and replace them.  If the wires are old replacement
would be a good maintenance gambit anyway.

Let us know what you finally diagnose.  Intermittent problems are the worst
kind!

Tom