[ROVERNET - UK] Rover P6B - overdrive auto transmissions, [revisited]

Peter Mitchell peterm at arach.net.au
Sat Mar 26 08:54:58 GMT 2005

Hello Rovernetters

All is quiet here in southern WA [Western Australia in this part of the
world].

For the last few months I've been helping to put together a club website.
The technical brilliance behind the site is that of Chris Karapetkoff, a
young club member [SD1 Van Den Plas], but I have helped to channel the
information to Chris. So within a couple of weeks we'll be able to show the
world what we West Aussies have been up to Roverwise].

When I joined Rovernet 18 months ago, my introduction included the statement
that I'd like a 4-speed auto transmission.  Kent Kinard was very helpful in
providing guidance and also Brent Wildbore in NZ.

Since then I have made the care more useable as a daily driver.  A new roof
to replace the electric sunroof which I found to be noisy, new inlet
manifold and alternator have conctributed to it being a more reliable
vehicle.

As I have a daily commute of some 30 miles each way, I am still keen to
progress the issue of installing a 4 speed auto overdrive transmission.  A
local Rover workshop, Rover Tech, run by Kevin Falconbridge, was late last
year about to install one in a P5, and I must follow up on progress.

I'd be grateful for the thoughts of netters on the isse of an auto overdrive
conversion into the P6B. It would be great to be able to follow another
conversion than engage in a ground breaking and more expensive one-ff job.

Kind regards over Easter [or Paques if you are in a French-speaking country]

Peter Mitchell
Perth Western Australia