[ROVERNET - UK] Plain Text Test

Dave Read defender110 at ozemail.com.au
Thu May 5 23:48:25 BST 2005

Hi all
This and many other forums are about ..... information exchange!
Plain text cannot hide bugs, and forms the smallest package for
efficient transmission to deliver information on the 'net.

After all, not everyone with a Rover has internet access, let alone
blazing broadband to download bloated message files!

Just my $0.02 worth

(getting off soapbox)
<vbg>

Cheers
Dave
South Oz

Slatskars wrote:
> Dennis,
>
> That has been an ongoing problem for several years. I dropped AOL as an
> ISP because the technical wizards (NOT), that I was dealing with could
> not tell me how to turn of their rich text. Later, Earthlink also
> switched, but they at least understood the problem and told me how to
> turn it off. I switched from them for another problem. This was
> discussed on Rovernet at least two or three years ago periodically. Rich
> Text, Enhanced Text, whatever comes through as HTML and does not make it
> to this site.
>
> Slats
<snip>