[ROVERNET - UK] Roverstocked

Peter Huttemeier peterhut at melbpc.org.au
Mon May 16 12:15:13 BST 2005

On Sun, 15 May 2005 17:34:33 -0700, you wrote:

>Gavin,
>
>What is the current exchange rate with USD? With that we could compare a
>little better. A nicely equipped vehicle here is running in the mid to high
>$30's. Many are of course much higher. I paid $32,000 for a well equipped
>Honda Pilot in 2003.

There is more to it than just ER differences, for example Mercedes B
and Porche cars are much cheaper in US regardless of ER because of
marketing and pricing policies here.

So, lets look at direct comparison with Chrysler. There are only a few
US made cars sold here these days, But Crossfire and PT Cruiser are
two.

Current Aust prices for Crossfire:
Aus$69,990 for manual 6 cyl

PT Cruiser:
Grand Tourer manual $30,990
Limited auto $35,990

Over past six months or so the ER has varied from .76 to .80, today it
is .77.

What are US list prices for these cars?

Cheers,

Peter H