[ROVERNET - UK] 2200 engine grafted to 2000 TC?

Eric Russell p6rovers at yahoo.com
Wed May 18 06:41:13 BST 2005

Peter,
Although I will confess to some apprehension after
receipt of the message, I decided to ask the group for
advice since no fully fledged 2200 engine with all the
trimmings arrived out here.

I understand that the throttle linkage is different
for a start.  I have heard that the ability to get a
better idle with the 2200 carbs is more achievable so
I fancied trying to obtain a pair.  I'd have to also
have the input manifold and figure out, with no
original 2200 TC in front of me, how to modify the
throttle linkage.

That was running through my mind as I pondered an
answer to the inquiry.  I wondered if someone in an
area where the 2200s were imported inserted the 2200
engine system in a 1970 TC 2000.

Did you send off an answer through your website?

Eric