[ROVERNET - UK] Foam strip in P6 heater

Eric Russell p6rovers at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 3 21:26:14 GMT 2005

Yes.  When I did a restoration, I removed the heater
box and refurbished it. (Heater box can be removed by
undoing the valve cover.) I bought thin foam from a
foam shop, cut it to match. The stuff I have is just
over 1/8 inch (0.131 in).I used Contact Cement in
spray form from 3M.  Make sure that the foam extends
over the lip of each flap otherwise you'll hear a
metallic clunk each time the flaps are moved.

Worked for me.

Eric

--- Drew Egginton <drew at pitstop.net.au> wrote:

> I think the foam was to seal off the chambers and
> also to quieten the
> action of the flaps when opening and closing.
>
> Andrew Egginton
>
> Mark Brown wrote:
>
> >Hey all,
> >
> >Does anyone have any idea what the foam strip(s?)
> in the P6 heater is for?  I
> >see one in the intake area, but I suspect there may
> be others.  All mine seem
> >to be effective at doing (and doing well) is
> collecting moisture and getting
> >caught in the fan and processing themselves into my
> face!
> >
> >Any purpose?
> >
> >Thanks,
> >Mark Brown