[ROVERNET - UK] hailing a Rover

Peter King peter at king-co.com
Sat Oct 1 00:39:28 BST 2005

As the winter approaches, I'm reflecting on this summer, full of
curious drivers wanting to know what kind of car I'm driving. There
were the usual honks and thumbs up, but some of my favorites follow:

"Hey, what you got?" screamed into my window at point blank range.
"Hey Dude, that got air?" on the road at high (Roverly) speed
"Yo, what's that? That a Bentley?"  [ "No, it's a Rover."]  "A Bentley
Rover?"
A woman screeches to a halt beside me and yells "OH MY GOD, IS THAT A
ROVER? A ROVER P5? OH MY GOD I HAVE ONE OF THOSE IN MY YARD!! (-Steve
M., was that a relative of yours?)
A limo honks me down in the street and the driver jumps out and runs up
to my car and says "Please, Please, I just have to see inside...my Dad
had this exact car back in England..Thank you SO much, you've really
made my day!"
And of course, the girls at the donut shop who just want to know "Why?"

I hope all of you had an equally entertaining summer.