[ROVERNET - UK] RE: rovernet Digest, Vol 35, Issue 8

S Manwell smanwell at sprintmail.com
Thu Oct 6 13:47:23 BST 2005

Hi Dirk,

A few random thoughts on this:

Dad and I will be meeting in Williamsburg, Mass. where many of our Rover
parts are stored on the weekend of the 15th. There may be a gas tank
there, and there are, I think, two rear bumpers that need work.  He's
also headed to Maine to trade Volvos with Garrett Bourque on that trip.

I have front bumper parts here in Melrose, which should be
straight-forward to re-chrome -- I'll take a closer look this weekend.

The automatic gearbox in my MkII (also in Williamsburg) works well
except that it slips out of reverse until its warmed a bit.  (Anyone
know if this issue can be adjusted away?)  I intend to replace the
gearbox in this car with a 4-speed/overdrive 'box, so the automatic will
be available -- not a perfect option, but at least a mostly known
quantity.  I'm building up a second engine to go with the manual gearbox
because the flywheel and clutch get mated to a different crankshaft on
MkI and II 3 litres.

--Steve