[ROVERNET - UK] P4 & P5 gearbox and overdrive oil

S Manwell smanwell at sprintmail.com
Fri Oct 14 04:41:30 BST 2005

Hi Roland,

I'm assuming your P5 has a 4speed/overdrive too?  I looked up BG Synchro
Shift and it looks similar to Redline MTL.  I'm going to try the MTL --
I heard back from Red Line and they saw no issue with using it in an
overdrive.   I've also read that a lot of people are using MTL in Volvo
manual gearboxes with Laycock overdrives with good results.  Apparently
Volvo has recommended gear oil, engine oil and ATF at various times for
their manual/OD gearboxes, even though the overdrives have not changed
much over the years.

We'll see how it goes...

--Steve