[ROVERNET - UK] Gear lever bushing woes.

Eric Russell p6rovers at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 15 17:22:50 BST 2005

Steven,
The club has more than a few "like new" gearshifts
with nylon ball at the end.
Slight glitch:
Our "parts department" is 4.5 hours away.  Our parts
manager will be returning from a 6 week holiday in
Europe on October 20.  We'll pick them up at the
airport and I'll tell him of you interest.  I'll send
you his email address by "off list" means so you can
contact him and tell him you are a member.  I have
removed three of them from dismantled cars myself and
we remarked on the condition.

Eric

--- Steven Dibdin <sdibdin at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm new to P6 ownership (but enjoying it hugely!). I
> now have a '68 2000 TC
> and am working through some of the niggles that came
> with the car. One of
> which is the gear change; I removed the gear lever
> assembly to find that the
> bush at the bottom of the lever had gone AWOL.
> Having not seen a complete
> unit I'd like to know if it's a nylon sphere down
> there. If it is I can
> machine a new one to fit.
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Steven Dibdin