[ROVERNET - UK] No messages

Peter Huttemeier peterhut at melbpc.org.au
Thu Sep 8 04:18:48 BST 2005

On Thu, 8 Sep 2005 12:20:25 +1000, you wrote:

>You could always convert to LPG.  Despite rises in petrol prices LPG has
>been fairly steady.

I wonder for how long tho. Automotive LPG in Australia is a mix of
propane and butane. Propane by and large comes form the natural gas
processing. Butane comes from naturally occurring crude oil processing
and refinery production, thus is hooked into the price of crude oil.

Another compounding factor is most of our local butane comes from Bass
Strait oil fields which are fast running out, thus our dependency on
imported LPG is increasing. All means an upward pricing tendency. Then
of course there is government excise which begins in the not too
distant future.

Cheers,

Peter H