[ROVERNET - UK] No messages

Brooks restore at nbnet.nb.ca
Thu Sep 8 14:29:42 BST 2005

A few years ago I spoke with a refinery about the octane ratings...I was
told the proper terms (I forget them now) however the method has changed in
how the octane is calculated ...in the seventies the number for octane was
higher than the very same grade would calculate using todays standards....it
has something to do with the mixes that we now use today as well. I asked
about the fuel octane boosters that we can find at most auto supplies
depots...he laughed about it...apparently we would need to use a whole case
of those little bottles to make any difference.

 Regards

 Dennis