[ROVERNET - UK] Fuels and cars

Dave Read defender110 at ozemail.com.au
Fri Sep 16 11:26:36 BST 2005

Gavin.Walker at csiro.au wrote:
> Mike,
<snip>
> The big problem is the V8 lpg setup I have is LPG only, whereas the SD1
> would work best with dual fuel.  That means some form of injection.

Why go to dual fuel? Just graft a throttle body on the inlet manifold,
rip out the petrol tank and pump, install an LPG tank in it's place and
LPG control unit and evaporator under the bonnet and voila!

> David,
>   How much do you reckon a second hand injection setup would cost
> (manifold, rails, injectors, ecu, pump)?  Or maybe I could splice that
> holley into it I have lying around ;)

With injection ....
Don't forget all the extra control relays, injector ballast resistor box
and fuel regulator ... Wouldn't bother with an OEM setup ... too many
parts. If you must use injection, invest in a digital Motec or Haltech
system.

IMHO, the Holley carb would be a simpler dual fuel option.

Cheers
Dave
South Oz