[ROVERNET - UK] Fuels and cars

A.G. Opstal van agOpstal at poelmann.nl
Mon Sep 19 09:48:16 BST 2005

James,

Well adjusted and non worn (throttle shafts)HIF6 SU's are very, very
economical. Use new jets and needles but do use the correct
needles. Rebuilding a Holley is a joke. Very simple and
very cheap. I just rebuilt a Holley 390. $ 28 with well
written instructions. Holley's do give more power but are
thirstier then SU's.

The most economical carb and giving the most power (+30 bhp)
provided rightly jetted and adjusted is the Edelbrock/Weber 1404
500 cfm. This has smaller primary barrels and so give
more torque and is more economical when cruising.
Only $ 224 at Summit.

Why not use the cats without the (clogged) internals?
Very effective resonators. If not replace with a piece
of pipe. Always much cheaper then buying and importing
downpipes from England. I assume you with your facilities
and experience surely can weld a piece of pipe in a exhaust system?

Regards,
Lex van Opstal.