[ROVERNET - UK] Mystery part 3500 S NADA

James Dean jaguru at bellsouth.net
Wed Apr 5 07:04:31 BST 2006

This Ranco switch actually uses an inner and outerknob, and combines the
functions of 2 switches into one switch .I have the knobs and faceplate if
anyone needs them.  I have the rare parts catalogue supplement #605775,  for
US 2000 and 2000TC, that includes the AC system, which lists   this switch
559226, called switch, thermoststic control. It fits a 69 2000TC, not a
3500S.It also fits series II XKE and Jaguar 420. The 67 420 Jag system was
made in England by Delenair, same as the 69 Rover 2ooo system. I do not know
who made the XKE system; probably Delenair.I sold a Ranco switch to an XKE
owner, but it had one bad speed, same as his. I had to exchange it with the
one from my 69 2000TC, so am missing one.. Does anyone know if this Ranco
switch is still made? I would buy this one if the buyer in Canada has a
3500S; and cannot use it. It is a different switch. JamesDean, Ft.
Lauderdale   jaguru at bellsouth.net