[ROVERNET - UK] USA Rover Club Website

Stephen JC Beer stephen at beerinc.com
Fri Apr 7 03:25:44 BST 2006

Hello all.

I am finally making some progress on the update / revise of the RSTCA
website.
My hat is off to Glen WIlson for all the effort and time he must have
put in on the first go around.

Seeing Glen's posting on the original site of a Service Manual
Supplement got me thinking. If we could provide a database of
copyright-free older manuals we would be doing the worldwide Rover
community a good service. The moment any new Citroen DS owner joins
their list they are immediately directed to the vast database of FREE
downloadable parts manuals, service manuals, bulletins, etc. for the
various DS models. These people will even burn it all onto a disc for
you if you pay for postage. These files are invaluable.

I think for the greater Rover good we should do this -- but it is a
large undertaking and I could not do it alone. I can host this stuff on
my server and put it together into a clean, easily accessible format --
but if someone knows of a way to digitally scan many pages at a time,
the job might be feasible. I can then convert these scans to
downloadable PDF files which could be accessed from the site. I have
the factory Rover 2000 Service Manual, an Owner's Manual, and P2 books
(which may have copyright issues that would need sorting as I had to
purchase them from an official Rover Club). This stuff should be free,
dagburnit!  Its tough enough to keep these lovely cars running. ;-)

The work in progress...
http://beerinc.com/rstca

Cheers,
Stephen Beer