[ROVERNET - UK] Re: Rover SD1 from Oregon

Geoff Kirkpatrick britcarnut at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 17 18:02:44 BST 2006

I think I saw this car on Craigslist.  Looks like a US car, would have had
EFI originally.  Make sure you know what Oklahoma laws have to say about
emissions equipment.  California and I think at least some other states
require all the original emissions equipment, including original carbs or
EFI, to be in place on a car of this vintage.  Regardless of the actual
emissions out the tailpipe, if it's had any changes to the fuel system,
cats removed, air pumps removed, etc., it cannot be registered and could
conceivably be impounded.  If this is the Craigslist car, it looked nice
in the photos but would have been impossible to register here in
California.

Geoff Kirkpatrick

Message: 6