[ROVERNET - UK] 2000/2200 block question

Jim Cumberland fjcumberland at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 19 22:03:07 BST 2006

Hi all,

Excuse what's probably a dumb question.  I have been offered what appears to be a pretty good engine from a 2200 SC w/automatic.  My car has a 2000 w/manual.  Are the blocks on these 2 engines compatible, so that I can bolt the 2200 engine to the manual box?  For example, I know that with Minis & BMC 1100s (my other automotive loves) that the block castings are very different, as are the subframes, so the swap gets complicated.

TIA,

Jim