[ROVERNET - UK] Re: Wheels

Geoff Kirkpatrick britcarnut at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 1 19:32:28 BST 2006

I can confirm that the Magstars will fit on a NADA 3500S, because I put a
set onto one of my 3500S's.  The offset is different from the standard
wheels and the right rear tire rubs the inner lip of the fender sometimes
when turning left.  But they do fit without any hub modifications.

The NADA 3500S was only available with steel wheels and the rather ugly
(in my opinion) five-spoke styled wheel covers.

I don't like the look of the stock Magstars because of the black painted
steel rim.  I have them on my 2000TC which I've left stock, but for the
ones I put on the 3500S I painted the rims with an aluminum-color paint
which matches the centers very closely.  They look great, the way I think
they should have been done originally.

Geoff

"This is the final test of a gentleman: his respect for those who can be of no possible service to him."
- William Lyon Phelps

Geoff Kirkpatrick, 382 Riverside Avenue, Ben Lomond, CA 95005, USA