R: [ROVERNET - UK] Diluition of Dinitrol

peter king peter at king-co.com
Wed Aug 2 20:47:01 BST 2006

There is definitely a benefit to sticky undercoating. After driving
for some time, the tacky surface should create a thicker skin from
the dust, etc.  When I lived in Vermont in the '80s, there was an
undercoating operation that sprayed used motor oil on the
undercarriage and inside rocker panels and other water traps. Then
you would be instructed to drive out to a sand pit behind the house
and run the car around a dirt track a few times. When you were done,
the oil had attracted a lovely crusty coat of sand, and off you went,
confident in another rust-free season. My car didn't look too pretty,
but it never rusted out from the underside!

Peter